- Meningitis is an uncommon but serious disease cause by different types of germs
- The disease can cause serious health problems in people, including an infection in the brain and spinal cord, hearing loss, loss of a limb, and skin scarring. In some cases, meningitis can cause death
- Meningitis germs spread through close personal contact, such as kissing, coughing, and sneezing
- Although anyone can become infected with meningitis, it is most commonly diagnosed in infants, young children, teens, and young adults
- Research studies are important for helping doctors learn about possible new ways of treating and helping to prevent disease in people, including potential new vaccines
For taking part in the clinical trial you will receive:
- $75 for each in person visit (up to 6).
- $50 for each 5 minute phone call (up to 7).
- Paid the same day.
Why Participate in a Clinical Study?
Taking part in a clinical trial can confer many benefits to volunteers and the
community. Volunteers will have a reduced wait before they see the doctor,
access to cutting edge diagnostic tools, no cost out of pocket, and possible
access to investigational medications or treatments before they are widely
available. Through clinical trials, volunteers and researchers improve and
carefully analyze medical treatments for the benefit of the community.
Clinical trials provide the basis for the development and marketing of new
drugs, biological products and medical devices.
Other Clinical Studies Offered
Here at Alpha Science Research we are always conducting new clinical trials for volunteers to participate in. Take a look at our current enrolling studies below. Be sure to check in periodically for an update on new studies.Heart Failure
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosis of heart failure
- Currently taking at least 1 medication for the management of heart failure
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- Not currently undergoing treatment for diabetes
What is a Clinical Study? In a clinical study volunteers receive investigational medical treatment. These treatments may be medical products, such as drugs or devices, procedures, or changes to the volunteer’s behavior. Clinical studies are designed to add to medical knowledge related to the treatment, diagnosis, and prevention of diseases or conditions. Trained physicians and research professionals work together with volunteers to discover the efficacy of these medical treatments. Clinical studies can offer new cutting edge treatment options at no cost to the participant. In fact, volunteers will be compensated for time, effort, and travel expenses. Clinical studies lay the foundation for the development and approval of breakthrough medical treatments that can be effective for diverse population groups. Of course, the overriding principle of clinical research is safety and patient respect.